On June 17th at 3 pm (UTC+2) Polish Economic Institute will discuss the report “Belt and Road meets Three Seas. Chinese and American sticky power in the context of Polish security and other strategic interests” during a special video conference.
Due to unforeseen technical difficulties, we are forced to postpone our conference to June 17th at 3.00 pm (UTC+2). We apologize for the inconvenience.
During the conversation with invited guests, we will want to start a discussion about a possible change in the balance of power in the international arena, the formation of the so-called New Bretton Woods
and prospects for the development of the New Silk Road. We will consider how the Three Seas States and the European Union will find themselves in this friction of civilization and what impact on geopolitics and the so-called sticky power of global powers has the current crisis caused by COVID-19.
Our panelists are distinguished experts from all over the world, who specialize in economics and international affairs.
- Tony van der Togt, chief analyst at Clingendael Institute, the Dutch think tank;
- Lazar Comanescu, member of the New Strategy Center, Romanian think tank and former minister of foreign affairs of Romania;
- Alicia Garcia Herrero, chief analyst of the Bruegel Institute;
- Benjamin Haddad, director of the Future Europe Initiative at the Atlantic Council, American think tank;
- Ian Brzeziński, chief analyst at the Atlantic Council, American think tank.
The event will be moderated by Grzegorz Lewicki, fellow of the Polish Institute of Economics, doctor of philosophy, graduate of the London School of Economics and Maastricht University, author of many books and publications, including State Power Index (2017).
The video conference will be conducted on a dedicated online platform. To access it and be able to ask questions, please register in advance at: https://konferencje.pie.net.pl/.
The conference will be conducted in English.
ATTENTION! Data necessary to log in will be sent on the day of the conference, half an hour before it starts.